About the College Possible Minnesota Tech-Connected High School Program
In 2015, College Possible launched a Tech-Connected program coaching high school students across the state of Minnesota. College Possible has a 17 year track record earning top-of-field results in the college access and success field. This innovative tech-connected model of our program brings College Possible's proven coaching to talented low-income students across the state of Minnesota through one-on-one mentoring.
Eligible students hold a 2.5 GPA or higher and come from a low-income background. Students in the program receive personalized coaching during their junior and senior year, including:
- orientation to the college application process
- ACT test preparation
- college essay and application assistance
- financial aid and scholarship application support
- college selection and transition advising
In college, students continue to receive support through college graduation, including financial aid advising, study skill and self-advocacy development and connections to on-campus resources.
Learn more about the program and our partners* in our Program Profile.
In the program's inaugural year, the 2015-16 school year, we served 118 students at 29 partner high schools across the state.
In the 2016-17 program year, our students continued to achieve amazing results.
2016-17 junior program results:
- 93 percent took the ACT
- 93 percent reported they feel their coaches listens to and cares for them
2016-17 senior program results:
- 90 percent of seniors applied to college
- 89 percent of seniors, the inaugural senior cohort, earned admission to college.
*Orono High School and Chaska High School have also become partners.